Monday, November 7, 2016

More Mandarin Resources!

I always get so excited when I find additional resources for learning Mandarin and I would like to share them with you.

The best one I found recently is: Mandarin Weekly
You can subscribe to http://mandarinweekly.com/ and they will send you an e-mail every Monday with a whole bunch of resources, videos, links, and much more. Each resource also indicates the level of Mandarin it would be appropriate for (Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced).

Add caption






Even though I am at the intermediate/advanced level, I sometimes still check out the beginner links to see how certain grammatical things are taught or additional uses for words and phrases.

I like that the site also posts relevant links to current events, such as the Olympics, World Cup Soccer, the Olympics, or even voting!

Mandarin Weekly is also FREE! Once you sign up, it will arrive in your inbox every Monday. =)

One link I found recently was from my Mandarin Weekly was: "10 different ways to say "Good-Bye" in Chinese. Most of them I know, but it's still nice to see some other ones that I might not use but could use.

https://ninchanese.com/blog/2016/09/27/10-ways-to-say-goodbye-in-mandarin/

Maybe it's because I'm a teacher... but once I open a link, then I find another related link, and before you know it, I have 10 different links open on different things!



I really like reading up on a lot of different things, but my time is limited and I have to be mindful with my time too. But it's nice that I can easily find an old post in my e-mail and read it when I have the time.

This summer was a really good summer in where I really pushed myself to the next level. I'll share in another post on how I think I moved past intermediate and into advanced Mandarin (maybe... early advanced!)

Thanks for reading!



2 comments:

  1. Hi, not sure if this will ever reach you, but where did you find the resources to prepare for the Mandarin subtests 1-3?

    I have no trouble speaking or writing Mandarin, but I'm drawing a complete blank on linguistic jargon, poems, and ancient scholarly works.

    Is there a crash course on these subjects anywhere? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New site is solid. A debt of gratitude is in order for the considerable exertion. Learning Chinese

    ReplyDelete